Posted on April 27th, 2008
1. Bright Colors: Victoria Beckham went head to toe orange, Rihanna chose to mix multiple brights, and Mandy Moore used a yellow trench to add some “pop” to her outfit. Afraid to wear so much color? Start small by using a brightly colored bangle or handbag as a color accent.
2. Fitted Vests: Not just part of the suit anymore, using fitted vests in new combinations can make a variety of statements! Totally office chic when paired with a blouse like Anne Hathaway, or throw it over a cami for a classy n’ casual look like Lauren Conrad. Your favorite fitted vest can also crossover into a sexy stand-alone piece as worn by Kate Hudson.
3. Florals: As Kerry Washington, Carrie Underwood, and Diane Kruger show, there are plenty of floral prints to choose from this Spring. And with so many bold combinations, florals can be a great way to incorporate bright colors into your outfit!
4. Cinch Belts: Ashlee Simpson used her black patent leather belt to further accentuate her form fitting tube dress, while Jessica Alba and Fergie paired their contrasting leather belts with looser fitted dresses to create an hourglass figure that shows off the waist.
5. Oversized Handbags: With an oversized purse, you’ll never lack room to carry your essentials! Just about all handbag styles have been super-sized, from shoulder bags like the one Katherine Heigl’s wearing, to Julia Robert’s exaggerated tote bag. Even the traditionally tiny clutch has grown a few sizes!