Fashion Trends, Quick Tips and Style Solutions
Posted on February 18th, 2011
Some of these beauty tips are painfully obvious, but it still doesn’t mean we all follow them! If you do follow them, you will see a marked improvement in how you look and feel.
- Get enough sleep. “Beauty sleep” is a very real thing indeed – when you’re well rested you look positively radiant. Your skin glows and your eyes sparkle. When you’re tired, your skin looks sallow, your eyes are red and you may have dark circles under your eyes.
- Drink plenty of water. Not all experts agree on the “8 glasses each day” rule, but everyone agrees that it’s important to stay hydrated.
- Use sunscreen on your face, neck and décolletage very single day. While there’s more and more evidence that limited unprotected sun exposure is healthy, save that for your arms and legs. Protect your face diligently, every single day.
- Remove makeup every night. Going to sleep without cleaning your face is a sure way to wake up with tired-looking skin adorned by blemishes.
- Use Retinol and anti-oxidants. Your evening routine should include cleansing with a mild cleanser, using Retin-A or Retinol if you can tolerate them, and moisturizing. Your morning routine should include applying an anti oxidant serum, then a moisturizer, and finally sunscreen. Let is all absorb before you apply makeup.
- Dazzle with a white smile. Floss daily, use an electric toothbrush, and use an over the counter whitening strip twice a year.
- Don’t shampoo every day. Over-shampooing may strip your hair of natural oils and cause it to become dry and brittle.
- Lower the temperature on that flat iron! Stick-straight hair is not en vogue anymore, so if you use a flat iron to smooth out your hair and eliminate frizz, make sure you use a low heat setting to limit hair damage.
- Exercise regularly. Keeping your body healthy and strong is important regardless of looks, but the added bonus of working out regularly is a lean, toned body and a flushed, healthy complexion.
- Eat clean, real food. Forget about diet foods and artificial sweeteners. Eat a variety of fresh, colorful produce, whole grains and small amounts of low fat dairy and lean meats. Nourishing your body from the inside will help you look great on the outside!